Sure traveling seems simple but you never know when you are going to run into a delay or problem and when you do your carryon is actually the only thing that you may be left with for days on end. So what are the essential items that you should have in this bag, no matter what? Well, you may be surprised by some of the things that travelers say in case of an emergency they can’t live without.
1. TOILETRIES. Mini and sample sizes can cut it in a pinch but a little bit of lotion, lip balm, a brush or comb and a toothbrush and toothpaste can go a long way in making you feel like a human being again. Be sure to pack only really small items though because otherwise you may not be allowed to carry them onto the plane with you.
2. A CALLING CARD. In this day and age this may be an item that you would have never thought to have along with you but it is one that can come in very handy if you are stranded. While most of us are used to relying on our cell phones doing so can be unreliable. Weather issues, political ones, and even just cell service in general can be intermittent in certain regions and it is usually easy enough to access a public telephone in most airports throughout the world. These days there are no cheap phone calls so be sure to put at least $50 on it just in case you actually do need to reach out and touch someone.
3. A T-SHIRT. Being able to change your shirt can be a great relief when you are traveling over a long period of time. It may be due to necessity such as a spill or stain or it may just be that you wind up stranded without your bags and would like a change. At the very least it will provide you with something to change into even if it is just for a period of time to wash out your other shirt.
4. UNDERGARMENTS. Let’s face it, no one wants to be in a predicament where they can’t change their underwear and socks so throw some in your carryon. It may seem like a silly item to carry with you but if your bags get lost you will be really glad to have that extra pair of drawers handy.
5. A JACKET. No matter what the time of year or where you are traveling to you will want to make sure that you have a sweatshirt, sweater, or lighweight jacket with you. One with a hood and that is water proof is even better. When traveling you can wind up being exposed to all different weather conditions that are not always predictable. Having a jacket handy can help even in an airport or on a plane that is a little too cool. Toting one with you rolled up in your carryon will allow you to be ready for whatever comes your way and stay comfortable while doing it.
Travel can be fun but can also be challenging. Being prepared by packing your carryon bag accordingly can really help to make even a difficult travel day a bit more pleasant.